All screenplays on the simplyscripts.com and simplyscripts.net domain are copyrighted to their respective authors. All rights reserved. This screenplaymay not be used or reproduced for any purpose including educational purposes without the expressed written permission of the author.
I know. What an egomaniac I am for reviewing my own film... except I'm not going to be doing that. The main reason is that I haven't watched it. Instead, I'm going to be posting up my top 5 favorite quotes from other reviewers who have seen and watched it and these all got a good chuckle out of me. Since the movie ended up coming out eight months ago, I think that this list will end up remaining unchanged. Enjoy.
5. "I would even say that this movie borderlines an amateur project at times. It really feels and looks that way, with its musical score and lacking editing at parts."
4. "Christmas Crime Story, a tragic Christmas tale that lays its melodrama on thick, confuses its audience and features incredibly bad acting."
3. "Insipid writing. Blatantly unbelievable and hackneyed characters."
2. "A Christmas Crime Story is a melodramatic tale of emotional torture, and it’s laid on thick."
1. "but every scene dragged in this drama wankfest of clichés."
I watched it on vacation last Christmas. IMO, it.s about what you can expect from a low budget indie. But, as such, it’s probably not as bad as you fear. I know how you feel though. My first was so far from the script it was unrecognizable.
I watched Mayhem too on the same trip and although it was at a different level with a Hollywood budget and such, it still left a lot to be desired. I read the script years ago and thought it was great.
In my humble opinion, everyone does their best. No one sets out to make a bad film. We need to be supportive of each other, even when the end result leaves a bit to be desired.